Java tips and tricks from a lady trying to play with the boys...

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Extjs: JsonStore will not load

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why my JsonStore wouldn't load into my EditorGrid. No errors were being thrown in Firebug, unless I used loadexception() on the store, in which case the exception really wasn't much help.

Finally, I figured out the problem. Can you spot it?

var js = new Ext.data.JsonStore({  url: 'myurl.jsp',
sortInfo: {field: 'name', direction: 'ASC'},
baseParams: { elementid: '1' },
reader: new Ext.data.JsonReader({
root: 'elements',
id: 'id'
}, [
{name: 'id'},
{name: 'name'}
])
});
js.load();

If not, maybe you are having the same problem I was.

Apparently, when you create a JsonStore, it creates its own JsonReader. So, if you specify a JsonReader, it will ignore yours and use the one it created. By changing the store to Ext.data.Store, it fixed the issue.

A simple fix!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks, had i been googled it earlier then would have saved 2 days