Java tips and tricks from a lady trying to play with the boys...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

IBM HTTP Server Certificate Resources

More troubles with IBM HTTP Server Certificates. We have one physical server, with an IBM HTTP Server and one physical instance of Websphere 6.1 running. I want requests to come in through 2 separate URLs, be routed to the one HTTP Server, then sent to the proper App Server node (same application context though) based on the URL/Virtual Host. AND, I want all of this to happen with SSL. Fun, huh?

I wanted to share more links that I found that helped me out...

I've also once again had difficulty with WSAdmin and SSL... make sure that if you're having certificate issues with WSAdmin (or starting and stopping Websphere) to run it from the command line and not some other way. It will show you the output of the certificate and allow you to install it. If only the plugin behaved this way.

No comments: